Keys to creating quality scoring chances on the Power Play:
- Player and puck movement in the zone using the width & depth of the ice surface.
- Control of the puck on the perimeter to advance the puck into middle ice scoring positions.
Good Power Play Teams Feature The Following Abilities:
- Support of the puck tactically to create time & space,
- Skilled player & puck movement with timing of both to advance the puck,
- Players with strong technical hockey skills,
- Players who know their roles & how to execute.